3.12.2010

Week 5 Homework....A Little Late


Hello! Sorry that this post has taken a while.  I have to admit I have gotten a bit behind and needed to get it all together. Lauren and I discuessed posting about 2 weeks in one, but I wanted to focus on two things from week five that stood out to me most and not rush into week 6. Day three and four were really important to me because not only do the things Jean wrote about apply to our children but everyone.

"Apples of Gold in Settings of Silver":
How often have I said something and to come across to the listener in a totlly wrong way? The listener mostly being my husband and kids? So many times I have not applied Proverbs 10:19 to my life, "When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable, but he who restrains his lips is wise."  When I am discipling my kids I tend to want to go on and on about this or that, when in reality I need to breif and to the point as Jean explains. On the flip side of that how often have I gone on and on with my husband to use up too many words and start something I did not mean to start?
As my girls are getting bigger they REALLY want my attention and want me to listen, so not only do my words need to be wise and controlled my ears need to be more open to listening especially before speaking. Proverbs 18:17, says we will be ashamed if we answer before listening. 
One important thing that I want to make sure I do as a mom is to raise my girls to be respectful of others words, to really listen and because of this I hope they will be a good friend, future wife and mom.

"I Want Patience NOW!":
Ok, so I pray for this about a million times a day! Really! As Jean discussed toward the end of this lesson our relationship with Jesus will ultimately change our lives.  If we are having a true communion with Him, He will grant us that patience and peace throughout the day! We need a daily filling of His love and mercy through the Holy Spirit to battle the day.
Colossians 3:12-17 sums up Christians charateristics we must have, honestly I think I'm going to print this out and hang it in my house to read everyday!
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

I pray this week that my words and yours be apples of gold in setting of silver and that the Lord will dwell in us richly so that the things we say and do be patinet, kind and loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment